We are looking for part-time operatives for an immediate start with our client in Penicuik. They are a higher education institute and the advertised position is within their Poultry Research facility, where they conduct research and produce healthy poultry meat. This is a new facility and high standards of production process can be expected. You would work in a relatively small team.
Preferably, we are looking for long-term, permanent workers. The position does not require previous experience as training will be provided. The part-time workers are involved with packing of the poultry, attaching labels, stacking up boxes and some cleaning when required.
The shifts are 4pm to 8.30pm on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Tuesdays off.
The rate offered is £10.50 per hour.
If you are interested in this position then please read the full advert and apply so that we can invite you for a short, 15-minute site tour where you will be able to see the plant for yourself.
Tasks and duties included in the role:
• Carrying out duties as directed by the Plant Manager/Team Leader.
• Collecting accurate and repeatable data for all clients.
• Adhering to good hygienic practices and defined operating procedures, e.g. HACCP, SOP’s, etc.
• Achieving and maintaining personal performance targets.
• Operating as part of a team to achieve team goals.
Essential skills and abilities expected of candidates:
• Great communication skills
• Being comfortable working in a chilled food environment
• Displaying a flexible approach to tasks
• Able to work confidently and responsibly unsupervised or as part of a team
• Able to work effectively under time pressure and deadlines
• Good manual dexterity
Our client offers a number of benefits to their employees. Some of them include:
25 days of holiday per annum (5 weeks in total). Rising to 26 days after 2 years of service etc., up to 30 days after 7 years of service.
Maternity pay and leave. 26 weeks full pay + 13 weeks statutory maternity pay + 13 weeks unpaid (after qualifying period)
Pension scheme - 5% of salary is matched with employer’s contribution of 10%.
Cycle to work scheme and other benefits.
If you are interested in this position, I encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as suitable candidates will be contacted right away.