Do góry

Polska Restauracja??

Temat zamknięty
jerry48
29.08.2012, 12:12

It is nice to see this Polish forum page has grown up and matured over the years, and is now somewhat more positive than the former whining about how bad Scotland is or the continuous trading of insults. Now perhaps someone will answer the question: why is it that, after a fairly large Polish presence in Dundee for 10 years, there is still no Polish restaurant (or even cafe) in the town? It would depend on an entirely Polish clientele for only a short time, once it was better known it would be supported by local people, and there are plenty of empty pub premises in the Hilltown and Stobswell areas in which to start such an enterprise. If "Polish" is too narrow a field, a more general Eastern European one would be more than welcome in the city, and might even attract some sort of grant from the Council. The next nearest restaurant is in Edinburgh. Come on you entrepreneurs out there, get cooking!!

Profil nieaktywny
Konto usunięte
#129.08.2012, 12:30

There's one in Kirkcaldy town centre. If you want Polish food, I heard it's served there: 31A ALBERT SQUARE, DUNDEE. Or you come to Glasgow, to The Sikorski Polish Club, where is a nice Polish pub + restaurant.

m_a4
m_a4 5
#230.08.2012, 17:35

Hi Jerry48 I am not sure if you are aware but there is a Polish Take Away in Dundee. The name is Food Temple and they are located on Hilltown. You can find out more and even make and order foodtemple.co.uk. They got a facebook page as well so you can have a look at some of the things they serve http://www.facebook.com/pages/Food-.... Pierogi, golabki, kotlety, gulasz and many many more! To be honest their chef is amazing the the whole team is very flexible so if there is something you are after but they don't have it on the menu they are pretty much guaranteed to get it.

Hope you will enjoy i SMACZNEGO ;)

jerry48
#330.08.2012, 18:22

Hi there m_a4, thanks for that. No, I wasn't aware of this take-away (so much for their advertising presence) but, as we all know, big oaks from little acorns grow, so perhaps they will transform eventually into a proper sit-down establishment. I will check them out soon, though I have to say I enjoy the sit-down experience more. Dundee is awash with Poles working in restaurants and bars, and I've heard a few hotels boast a Polish chef - pity some of these guys can't club together and branch out on their own.

czorboot
#412.09.2012, 22:08

Wy chyba w to sami nie wierzycie, co??? A w co nie wierzycie? W to, że ten post przyniesie efekt Waszemu tekełejowi więcej klientów. Bo chyba nikt przy zdrowych zmysłach nie uwierzy, że "jerry48'', "m_a4" i cały ten post to nie jest LIPA. Dziwię się moderatorom, że jeszcze się nie połapali, no chyba, że "nie widzą" jawnej REKLAMY miejsca z jedzeniem na wynos... Za mniejsze przewinienia były kasowane posty. Jest chyba jakiś dział z reklamami albo z ofertami, w którym można oficjalnie zareklamować swoje usługi. I jeszcze jedno: idealna polszczyzna w tytule postu, ale reszta już tylko po "anglisku". Jerry48 ma dobrych znajomych: tytułem zachęcają, a później część ludzi i tak nie rozumie. No chyba, że nagle wszyscy zaczęli mówić w Dundee po angielsku, albo emito.net czytają setki, jeśli nie tysiące Szkotów. Buahahaha!!!

Nieznamir
16 716
Nieznamir 16 716
#512.09.2012, 22:10

juhu polski take away, przyjdziemy z mehowem na pewno.

jerry48
#613.09.2012, 21:52

I don't know who czorboot is, apart from being a complete arse. I was born in 1948 of Polish parents and can manage some of your language but not enough to write letters with. I was totally unaware of any Polish take-away in Dundee (the name Food Temple really doesn't give the game away) and have no connections with any Poles in the area. And if they have the same bitter and twisted attitude of czorboot I don't think I would want to. So we're back to trading insults are we? All talk and hot air and no action, hence no Polish restaurant. I was assuming that some Poles had managed to learn English and would be able to read my letter, and perhaps respond intelligently to a genuine query.

Pulkownik
Aberdeen
7 807 62
Pulkownik Aberdeen 7 807 62
#713.09.2012, 22:02

ja respond inteligently
from maj diszuoszer
wery guda jedzenie

Nieznamir
16 716
Nieznamir 16 716
#813.09.2012, 22:03

w tym wieku, to juz bym chyba nie ryzykowal wypadow do polskiej amatorskiej zarlodajni, bo moze zakonczyc sie zejsciem.
kapusta kiszona na nie zaprawiony w bojach zoladek.
sorry ze nie pisze po angielsku, ale polski to piekny jezyk.

Patulka67
#913.09.2012, 22:05

JASNEE:)Reklama dzwignia handlu-swoja droga w/wym miejsce musi byc kompletna dolina skoro musza sie to tego typu zagrywek posuwac.Ja tam nie jadlam ,kolezanka jadla i nie wspomina mile kilku nastepnych dni spedznych w toalecie...

czorboot
#1107.10.2012, 13:46

Rzadko się zdarza, abym w jednym miejscu "najeżdżał" na kogoś, a w innym pochwalał, ale widać człowiek uczy się całe życie. @achernar666, @Patulka67 i @Pułkownik, macie u mnie po kciuku, bo złapaliście w lot sens tego "posta" i dodatkowo powinien Pan @jerry48 docenić piękno języka swoich przodków na POLSKIM portalu...
Niech stracę, coś dla niego:
OK then @jerry48, something for You now. I don't use ANY words in my answer for Your post, which can "touch" You personally, so why You called me not nice? "I was born in 1948 of Polish parents and can manage some of your language but not enough to write letters with." But the same time You EXACTLY know sense and suggestions from my answer, yes? Do You think that no one from "Poles" can speak, read and write in English fluently? Do You think maybe, that we are just for work here? So don't be silly, and stop thinking we (Polish) are naive. If REALLY You are not with any connection with this take away, about we talking, that sorry from me to You. But try look from my side: don't write in Polish, but UNDERSTAND my answer (when was few allusions); don't know Polish places in Dundee, but know name and place where is F T ?
And finally: "It is nice to see this Polish forum page has grown up and matured over the years..." and
"Now perhaps someone will answer the question: why is it that, after a fairly large Polish presence in Dundee for 10 years, there is still no Polish restaurant (or even cafe) in the town?". After YOURS words, do You still think that I'll believe that You are not a Polish person who only wants free ADVERTISING of Your business (or some Your Polish friends').
You have Polish parents, read POLISH PORTAL for last few years and know ours (Polish) last 10 (TEN) years and still don't write (even with mistakes) enough to take part in it??? I don't think so...
Hope that was enough intelligent answer for You.
Regards, czorboot.

bus_37
Dundee
24 199 114
bus_37 Dundee 24 199 114
#1211.10.2012, 21:23
mawhishu
#1322.10.2012, 12:02

Bitterness, anger, and frustration... why so much of it ??? Why all of the sudden language is such a huge problem? After all we are in an English speaking country, so why discriminate someone for using it? Not nice but very Polish (no offence - I am Polish myself). If you prefer to respond in Polish to an English query, you're most welcome, I cannot see any crime in that. After all if someone joins a Polish forum site they obviously can understand the language. Let's not blame them if they assume that English is not a problem here either.
By the way, I have't heard that proverb before: big oaks from little acorns grow. Thanks for that jerry48. One learns new things everyday :)

groundhog
1 074
groundhog 1 074
#1503.11.2012, 23:33

jerry48 sam zaloz knajpe,o kucharza nie powinno byc trudno
wpadne na pierogi jak bede znow w w tym dump...sorry dundee

finezyjna
finezyjna 292
#1604.11.2012, 23:32

wezcie sie ku...nauczcie pisac po ang...; czorboot get a fucking grip..i mean..really?!wtf? are u trying to impressed sb or what?tego sie nie da czytac...

czorboot
#1706.11.2012, 00:01

finezyjna, to nie czytaj...

verkoz
verkoz 407
#1808.11.2012, 18:57

niedawno przybyłam do Dundee dlatego pytam: Gdzie ta restauracja? pozdrawim

Q.L.
Q.L. 75
#1910.11.2012, 11:49

"finezyjna, to nie czytaj..." - krótko, zwięźle i na temat. Normalnie można siknąć w majtki ze śmiechu! @czorboot vs @finezyjna, 1:0
@verkoz, słyszałem, że w okolicach Wellgate'a, ale nie wiem gdzie dokładnie, bo również słyszałem tyla samo pozytywów, co i negatywnych opinii...

Howgh!

• Strona

Katalog firm